Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Thursday Nov 17 2005 In Everything Be Thankful

Thursday, Nov. 17, 2005 - In Everything Be Thankful…

Phil 4:6 (Amplified Bible) says: Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. (Emphasis mine.)

GOD really touched my heart with this verse this morning as I was driving to work and listening to Focus on the Family.  The speaker (did not catch his name) was expounding upon the verses’ impact on his life when GOD began dealing with my own heart.  

I was thinking that I do not have any “hardship” or “serious problem” to have to be thankful in the midst of… but then it dawned upon me that I was deceiving myself.  I do struggle against discouragement and disillusionment in the ministry and in the church.  It slammed into my consciousness that GOD wants me to be thankful IN the midst of these “problems” and not be pulled down by the negatives!

It is easy to see the bad… to see what is wrong or what could be better… to see those that are not committed and not living out their faith.  I believe as I focus on JESUS CHRIST, HE will help me to see the sunshine in the midst of the storm.  I can see where HE is moving; lives that HE is changing; people who are giving of themselves; and HIS Kingdom moving forward.  

Yes, I do have much to be thankful for… I just need to keep my eyes on HIM and my spirit in tune with HIS.  

Agape <+><

No comments: