Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Deadening Trail with My Brother!


Hike: Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail - Deadening Trail, Lake Martin, AL 08/25/2007 late afternoon
Conditions: Clear, hot, muggy, T-storm came up
Distance: 2.5 miles
Rating: 4.5/5.0
Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult. Some steep sections, pine straw made footing precarious in some areas.
Thoughts: Hiked with Glenn! Did trail in reverse direction. Glenn's first hike since childhood, I guess. I believe he enjoyed it - I know I enjoyed hiking with him. Hope to do more together. Cut the hike a little short due to lightening storm that came up quickly. We got wet before getting back to Jeep. Great views of lake, stone outcroppings, Eye of the Needle, and a fawn that almost ran into us on the trail! Thank YOU, LORD for all this wonder.

No comments: