Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cherokee Ridge - Deadening Trail



Hike: Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail - Deadening Trail, Tallapoosa County, 10/13/2007, 09:15-13:00
Distance: 4 miles
Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
Conditions: Clear and sunny. Mild temps, low 50's to 70's. Mild to moderate breeze.
Thoughts: Life of Adventure... that's what I thought about on this trail! More challenging than most other trails in this part of state. Took an Audobon Wildflower Guide with me. Stopped lots to ID and photo wildflowers. Butterflies will not pose long enough for their portraits! ID: Yellow Star Grass, Rough Blaze Star, and Hairy Golden Aster. Several others I photo'd and will attempt to ID later. Also scarred up whitetailed doe. Observed Turkey Vulture (3x) fairly close, as well as Blue Jay.
Footing on pine straw is becoming precarious in steep places and I had a steep descent near Lichen Bluff - went down on my behind! Cut left thumb in process. First use of first aid kit on the trail.
Thank YOU, LORD, for this place. Please speak to my spirit. Guide me in YOUR path!

No comments: