Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Monday, May 19, 2008

Oak Mountain State Park Hike



Hike: Oak Mountain State Park, Mon., 5/19/2008 10:00-15:00
Distance: 9 miles
Rating: 4/5
Difficulty: Very Difficult
Conditions: Mostly sunny, low to mid 80's. Solo hike (Glenn had training today).
Thoughts/Observations:
Went to the Wildlife Rehab Center; hiked the Treetop Nature Trail out and back; and hiked Peavine Falls Trail (Green Trail) all the way to the bottom of the falls and back out. This was probably the hardest hike I've done to date. I was physically exhausted at the end. Drank 1.5L of water on the trail and ate 1 protein bar. After hike drank cold Tropicana Lemonade from vending machine at Park HQ and got a large Coke from McDonalds in Clanton on way back. Lots of birds, lizards, and insects. Peavine Falls was outstanding, but it was a very difficult trail down to the bottom of the falls and then a little bit of rock climbing to get out! These trails require lots of physical energy - up and down and some of the elevations gains are acute! A definite physical workout. Don't believe I got much of a spiritual workout on this one though. LORD, help me to keep focused on YOU always, in everything I do. Thank YOU for showing me these sights and getting me through the very difficult areas. Took lots of pics.

1 comment:

c.w. goad said...

Those are some beautiful pics man.

www.ferventservant.blogspot.com