Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Inaguration of Alabama River Trail


Hike: Kayaking around Cooter's Pond and Alabama River 06/06/2008, 11:30-13:00
Distance: ~ 2 miles
Rating: 4/5
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: Very hot (even for the South during the summer) and humid. Got a little sunburned on my arms even though I had on SPF30 Sunscreen!
Thoughts/Observations:
Inauguration of the Alabama River Canoe Trail that goes from Ga state line to the Mobile Delta! Great time on the water, but extremely hot. I got a little sunburned on my arms even with sunscreen. Numerous herons and egrets; turtles, and fish. Many powerboats but I did not see the canoes/kayaks that were to be coming from Montgomery. Guess they came after I left.

No comments: