Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Saturday, June 07, 2008

National Trail Day - Kayak Autauga Creek


Kayak: Autauga Creek, Prattville, AL 6/7/2008 18:30-20:00 From Downtown to US82 Bridge
Distance: ~ 2 miles (rough estimate)
Rating: 4/5 (due to technicality and failing light)
Difficulty: Very difficult - technical due to numerous snags, brushpiles, blockages and shallows. Had to portage several times. One log and brush jam before US82 bridge was very bad, just one small place to scoot through!
Conditions: Hot and humid. Ran out of daylight! Had planned to take out on County Road 4 but coming darkness forced me out early at Hwy 82 bridge.
Thoughts/Observations:
A lot more difficult than I expected. Numerous snags, log and brush jams, and shallow areas made this very (technically) challenging for me. I was about as wet from sweat as from water by the time I finished the route. Somehow lost my sunglasses during the trip (probably during one of the portages).
Observed several herons and ducks. Scenery was pleasant, but I did not get to admire it much as I was busy navigating snags, logs, and jams.
Thank YOU, LORD, for this challenge and for getting me through this "new thing". Teach me YOUR will and way, that I may shepherd YOUR people at Crestview.

No comments: