Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail - Beautiful Day

Hike: Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail, Kowliga, AL 01/31/2009 09:18-11:39
Distance: 4.6 miles Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: Moderate
Conditions: Gorgeous blue sky. Clear. Cool. Calm.
Observations/Thoughts:
Observed white tail deer, several passerines, crows, vulture, deer tracks, armadillos scratchings, Bird-Foot Violets still blooming. Aquamarine color and sparkling shimmer of the lake at the water's edge is quite soothing. Thank YOU for such a beautiful day and for what YOU are doing in my life. Thinking about "Dealing with Uncertainty" - topic for Morning Praise tomorrow.

Days like this really make me consider how great it would be to have a job relating to ecology or natural science; to be in GOD's outdoors most of the time (versus on weekends and other special events). I guess that Saturday is really my Sabbath. Obviously, Sunday is a busy day for me with sermons, discipleship classes, and other ministry. Saturday is my day to "get away" from distractions and spend time in GOD's Creation worshipping and communing with HIM.

No comments: