Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Saturday, January 17, 2009

C.O.M.E. #8 - AWF Nature Center Lanark




HIKE: Crestview Outdoor Ministry Expeditions #8, Saturday, 1/17/2009, 09:30-15:00

DISTANCE: 6 miles

RATING: 4/5

DIFFICULTY: Easy

CONDITIONS: Mostly cloudy, light to no breeze, quite cold (started with a low of 20 this morning. Almost no one else at Preserve (too cold for them, I guess).

OBSERVATIONS/THOUGHTS:
COME#8 (Kathy, Jon, Nathan, and me). Hiked all three regions of Lanark. Observed large flock of turkey at entrance to Hilltop Pass. Many passarines (as usual) but did not see any deer. Heard owl from tree top walk (Hilltop Pass). Kathy's wheelchair did well throughout the preserve. AWF had a roaring fire going in large fireplace at Pavilion (it was appreciated!). Good expedition. Gave a 4 rating because my cell phone kept ringing throughout most of the morning (I have weekend duty). (I had to leave after lunch to go in to mill, but they fixed the problem before I arrived - so I went back to hiking!) Nathan tried out a Tarzan vine in Still Creek Run - it didn't support his weight and he tested out a "hiney landing"! (Ouch!) Had a picnic lunch at the pavilion after Turkey Ridge (before hiking Still Creek Run). This was a very relaxed and enjoyable expedition. Thank YOU, LORD.

No comments: