Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Friday, January 02, 2009

News Year's Day Hike - Mountain Creek


HIKE: Mountain Creek Park, 1/1/2009 09:44-12:20
DISTANCE: 5.2 miles
RATING: 5/5
DIFFICULTY: Easy
CONDITIONS: Mostly sunny (beautiful!), breezy, temp: upper 40's to low 50's
OBSERVATIONS/THOUGHTS:
Tranquil hike. Just me and GOD today - no one else in the park. Many passerines about (the Northern Cardinal is especially abundant and impressive!). Several different woodpeckers. Scared a cottontail as I was exiting the park (I didn't see him until he jumped up and I was almost on him then), not sure who was startled the most. Talked to Dad from the trail. Thought about 2009 C.O.M.E. possibilites and about Joe. Meditated upon Psalm 121.

No comments: