Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Friday, February 06, 2009

Love of Nature's GOD

From my youth I have loved “getting outside” – hiking and observing nature. As I move away from the noise of “civilization” and into the solitude of the forest, desert, seaside, or mountain, I am enveloped with a gentle quietness that is hard to describe. The demands, deadlines, and disorder of the daily drudgery just evaporate as I hike deeper into the woods. The cacophony of the day is gradually replaced with the alluring song of various passarines, the buzz of the numerous insects, or one of the other living sounds of the forest. The rustle of the wind in the trees or through the broomsage is a caress on my spirit that reminds me of the gentle care of the CREATOR, HIS care not just for Creation in general but for me as well. Along the path HE places special little jewels to remind me of HIS love – small woodland violets (my personal favorite), majestic sycamores or oaks, vivid autumn leaves, a dogwood in full bloom, a brightly colored and inquisitive bird, a small babbling brook, sweeping panoramas of mountains or valleys, or the unexpected view of a coyote, fox, or bobcat. I never know what treasure awaits around the bend or over the hill – even on trails that I have covered many times. Such is the love and care of my CREATOR.


I hope that you know HIM too. I hope that you also experience this wonder and awe as you “get out” and “get away”. HE is waiting to meet you there.

Agape

No comments: