Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Trip Journal - Phoenix Arizona - Spring 2009 - Page 3

Monday, March 30, 2009; 05:51MST

Morning reading – Psalm 30.

YOU have turned for me my mourning into dancing; YOU have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness.” – Psalm 30:11

GOD, YOU are so awesome. YOU have indeed so many times worked good in my life in the midst of troubles. I give YOU all praise and glory, in JESUS name amen.

Off to class this morning, Experion Graphics and Design.

Plans for this afternoon are to check out White Tank Mountains in west Phoenix.

Mon. 3/30/2009; 20:16MST

Well, “the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.” By the time I got out of class at 4pm the combination of heavy traffic and spring-time sunset times prevented me from going hiking. Sunset comes a little after 6pm and most of the regional parks lock their gates by sundown.

I took the time to make a trip down AZ101 to Cabela’s Retail Store in Glendale. It was indeed impressive – a lot like Bass Pro but with the addition of a wildlife museum of sorts (Aftrican Big game as well as western US animals). The stuffed wildlife dioramas were well done, educational, and interesting. Believe it or not, I did not make a purchase while inside!

I will plan in more detail for tomorrow and take everything I need in the truck for hiking. This will allow me to head directly to Thunderbird Conservation Park from Honeywell Automation College. I should be able to get at least a little time on the trails this way.

No comments: