Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Monday, July 13, 2009

Hiking Paul M. Grist SP Jul-11-2009

Hike: Grist State Park, Selma, AL  Saturday, July 11, 2009, 17:00-18:15CDT
Distance: 3.2 miles  Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Conditions: Partly cloudy, mid 80's, light breeze, humid.
Thoughts/Observations:

Kathy, Glenn, and I made a day at Grist.  We grilled burgers, fished, kayaked, and I hiked a little starting at the trailhead by the lower picnic pavilion.

They have added to the trails here!  Section turned roughly eastward in bottom-land and wound across a ridge-line.  Wide trail, largely cleared - much better maintained than last time I hike here.  Trail blaze is a white horizontal band.  I was pressed for time during my hike as the park closes at 7pm and I did not realize they had added more trails.  These trails will require more exploration.  Note to self to always take SPoT with me (even on hikes I think I know well) and a map.  I did have compass and emerg kit.

No comments: