Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail - 12/21/2009



Hike: Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail, Mon., 12/21/2009, 11:17-14:00
Distance: 5 miles Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: Moderate
Conditions: Beautiful, bright blue day! Mild temps. Little to no wind.
Thoughts/Observations:
Got a late start on the trail today. Did not observe much fauna other than several passarines. Noticed that jeep was leaking water from underneath after I shut it off (about a half-cupful). May be water pump trouble. I decided to go ahead with the hike to let the engine cool enough to check the radiator level. (I checked the level after the hike and found it full. CHI-J got me home too! Thank YOU, LORD!)

Some spectacular views of Lake Martin! I felt the need to talk to GOD a little while on the south trail and the special rock altar overlooking the lake is just the place! I have dubbed it the Altar of the SON.

Found myself humming/singing the tune, "Start at the Manger Then Go to the Cross" throughout most of the hike.

No comments: