Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cherokee Ridge Hike with My Dear Daughter!



Hike: Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail, Sat., 01/30/2010, 09:19-11:49
Distance: 4.7 miles Rating: 5/5 (What else could it be?)
Difficulty: Moderate
Conditions: Misty. Mist/fog shrouded most of Lake Martin. Big drops of water sporadically drop from the pines making soothing plops on the forest floor. Low 40's. Wind calm.
Thoughts/Observations:
Diane hiked with me! Did not see the sun at all today but we had a great time - I was warmed by the company of my daughter. First time she has hiked with me in about 3 or 4 years! Got to share some special sights and some of my special places with her. Just seems yesterday she was three years old and driving a pink Barbie jeep around the yard... LORD GOD, YOU, have blessed my life with the love and wonder of my family, with my Family of Faith, and by guiding me to experience YOUR glory revealed through Creation.

No comments: