Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Friday, January 29, 2010

C.O.M.E. Commitment in 2010


C.O.M.E. in 2010

Those of you that know me know that I am not one to make “New Year’s Resolutions” – they seem to be too easy to break. So consider this a commitment. I am committed to putting more emphasis on Crestview Outdoor Ministry Expeditions in 2010. In my heart is a spark, I believe GOD has started, for this outreach and ministry using the venue of HIS creation. The opportunities and possibilities with this ministry are limitless for we serve a GOD who is without limits – the CREATOR and SUSTAINER of all seen and unseen things. The opportunity to “get out” and touch these marvels, to experience the handiwork of GOD, increases my heart-rate and fans a flame in my spirit that words cannot adequately describe. I hope that you share my sentiments.

My goal is to provide an opportunity for others to join me on these expeditions monthly. I am also providing shorter (half day) events called “Hike Saturday” on a monthly basis. Hopefully you will have time to join me on one of these events each month or at least when you can. Please consider telling your friends about C.O.M.E. Better yet, invite them to join you on one of our upcoming Expeditions or Hike Saturdays.

Another commitment I have made is to maintain the C.O.M.E. kiosk in front of the church to attract and inform the public. I may need to enlist help from time to time in posting pictures and information. As last year, the C.O.M.E. bulletin board in the back foyer will have information on upcoming events. Our ministry website at http://pastorlarryt.googlepages.com/home is always a good place to go for news and information. You can always email me at PastorLarry@CrestviewPrattville.org or call me at 334.318.0619 (cell).

Some ideas I am considering and praying about for the future are:

Ø BioLuminescence Tour, Merritt Island NWR Florida – targeting June or August 2010

Ø Group campout: Conecuh National Forest, Oak Mtn SP, Chewacla SP, Gulf SP, Lake Lurleen SP, Buck’s Pocket SP, or DeSoto SP (with star gazing)

Ø Overnight hike/camping on the Pinhoti Trail

Ø Overnight on Bartram Canoe Trail (with hike to Lost Indian Mound)

Ø Great Smoky Mountains NP – multi-day camping and exploration

Ø Everglades NP – multi-day camping and exploration

Ø Sipsey Wilderness Bankhead National Forest (NW Alabama) – hike to the “Big Tree”

Ø Sipsey Wilderness – Trout fishing event

Ø Deep Sea Fishing Event – Charter from Gulf Shores or similar

Ø Seminar on Outdoor Cooking and Native (Wild) Foods

Ø Wild Game Supper

Ø Canoe/Kayak any portion of the Alabama Scenic River Trail

Ø Exploring Shark Tooth Creek (west Alabama)

Let me know your thoughts. What would you really love to do? I covet your prayers for C.O.M.E.

No comments: