Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mountain Creek - After Work - Hike

Hike: Mountain Creek, Tue. 3/16/2010, 16:30-17:38
Distance: 2 miles  Rating: 4/5
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: Cloudy.  Low-mid 50's.  Calm.  Trails wet but clear.

Thoughts/Observations:

Afternoon hike after work - needed to get out after being sick last week.  Trails have recently been cleared by tractor - very easy going today.  Some controlled burns in the pine upland area.  Red maples blooming - brings a smile to my face every time I see one.  Yellow Poplars are also budding out.  None of the other trees showing any signs yet.  Many small purple wildflowers (oxalis?) in bloom.  Chickadee, Northern Cardinal, Crow, Chipmunk, and Gray Squirrel observed.  One couple shared part of the Nature Trail with me.  I was surprised at how quick it clouded up after 1pm today - it had been sunny until then. 

Spring is coming and the winter faithful (those plants designed by GOD to stay green) will soon be joined by a chorus of bloom and leaf!  Guide my steps, LORD.

No comments: