Distance: 4 miles Rating: 5/5
Conditions: Mostly cloudy (big change from yesterday!). Mild temps. Light breeze. Still a gorgeous day. Just a hint of heavy clouds in the area (30% chance of T-storms this afternoon).
Did not bring my camera today - just the lightweight binocs. Wanted to scout the trails and around the pavilions in preparation for our church-wide, after-Easter-service picnic tomorrow. I'm looking forward to having a great afternoon of fellowship and sharing in GOD's creation.
Some things I hope to be able to share with others tomorrow:
- A disappearing stream (that's right!)
- Dogwoods are beautiful
- Red Maples are in vivid display (some a little past prime)
- Many, many small wildflowers are showing off
- Honeysuckle is lovely, though not as showy as that at Cherokee Ridge yesterday
- Bird song filled the air today. I hope they are as melodious tomorrow.
- Cottontail rabbit and many gray squirrels were scampering about.
- HUGE tadpoles at the pool