Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Scouting Hike Mountain Creek

Hike: Mountain Creek, Sat. 4/3/2010 08:45-10:45
Distance: 4 miles  Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: Mostly cloudy (big change from yesterday!).  Mild temps.  Light breeze.  Still a gorgeous day.  Just a hint of heavy clouds in the area (30% chance of T-storms this afternoon).
Thoughts/Observations:

Did not bring my camera today - just the lightweight binocs.  Wanted to scout the trails and around the pavilions in preparation for our church-wide, after-Easter-service picnic tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to having a great afternoon of fellowship and sharing in GOD's creation.

Some things I hope to be able to share with others tomorrow:
  • A disappearing stream (that's right!)
  • Dogwoods are beautiful
  • Red Maples are in vivid display (some a little past prime)
  • Many, many small wildflowers are showing off
  • Honeysuckle is lovely, though not as showy as that at Cherokee Ridge yesterday
  • Bird song filled the air today.  I hope they are as melodious tomorrow.
  • Cottontail rabbit and many gray squirrels were scampering about.
  • HUGE tadpoles at the pool
Since I did not bring my camera today, you'll just have to join us after church tomorrow and see for yourself!

No comments: