Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Early Morning Hike - Mtn Creek

Hike: Mountain Creek, Saturday, 06/26/2010, 07:15-09:45
Distance: 5 miles  Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: Pleasant morning temps, sun rising clear and beautiful.  Wind: calm.  High humidity.
Thoughts/Observations: 
Had the park to myself - that is, no other human beings here when I began my hike.  Birds were already active and vocal.  Birdsong filled the morning air as I entered the forest near the old church.  Dew was heavy on the ground and occasionally sprinkled by legs as I hiked through the taller grass.

Insects were in abundance as you would expect this time of year but were not overly bothersome.  Thank you "Deep Woods Off".

The morning appeals to me at a deep level.  It is serene, beautiful, and comfortable with an element of expectation pervading every nuance of the trail.  You never know what treasure GOD will reveal around the next bend or what truth you will come to understand.

Scared up a whitetail deer entering the forest.  Observed cottontail rabbit, the ever-present gray squirrel, and a particularly gorgeous (and photogenic) green damselfly.

Summer wildflowers are blooming: the yellow black-eyed susan, little white blooms on small ground hugging vines (like a miniature version of wild potato), unidentified low purple flowering plants, and the mimosa.  (The sight and smell of the mimosa always remind me of my Grandmama Teal.)  American Beauty Bush is also beginning to bloom.  Got to have those deep purple berries ready for Fall.

Thank YOU, LORD, for such a wonderful way to start the day and for meeting me here.

No comments: