Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Monday, September 06, 2010

Hiking Swayback

Hike: Swayback Bridge Trail - Wetumpka, AL - Labor Day 2010 (9/6), 08:15-10:00
Distance: 4 miles  Rating: 4/5   Map Coord: 32.62439/-86.24051
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: 70 degrees.  Beautiful full sunshine.  No clouds around.  Hint of Fall in the air.  Trail conditions dry.  Quite a few mtn bikers on the trails.
Thoughts/Observations:
A gorgeous day to be out on the trail.  Almost didn't go today... but I'm glad that I did.  I needed the peace and beauty of GOD's forest.  It was soothing to my troubled spirit.

I had to step off-trail for several mtn bikers today, but they did not seriously impact my tranquility.  Sounds and feel of the forest were still intact.  A few Fall wildflowers are beginning their blooms.  Goldenrod is just starting to show indication of flowerettes.  No significant leaf change yet - way too early for this part of the country.  But I am so ready for Fall.  The crispness of the morning air was a welcome relief from the oppressive heat and humidity of the summer.  The "feel of Fall" is welcoming and invigorating.

Scriptures for this morning were from Psalms 86, 87, 91 and John 10-11.  Worship songs on my mind during my hike were "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore THEE" and "Step By Step" (that has become one of my most treasured worship songs of late).  It was good to be hiking with the LORD today.  I'm sure I missed some of the sights/sounds of the hike because I was focused in thought and communion.  I think that's quite all right though.  Some times the greatest sight is spiritual rather than physical.

Agape

No comments: