Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Friday, December 03, 2010

Quiet & Still - Hiking at Swayback

Hike: Red Trail, Trail of Legends - Swayback Bridge, Wetumpka, AL, Thu. 12/02/2010, 10:00-13:30
Distance: 7.0 miles  Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: Beautiful sunshine.  Trails damp but little standing water or mud.  Only one other person encountered during the hike.  Temps in mid 50's.  Wind calm.  County has recently resurfaced road from US231 to trail head parking lot.
Thoughts/Observations:

Wonderful hike at Swayback.  Kept thinking about Ps. 46:10, "Be still and know that I am GOD."  All of this was balm for my soul.  Had lots of time to pray and think, just to "soak up" the love and fellowship of The FATHER (and I needed it).  We all do.  I spent most of the time thinking about my Family of Faith and the future.

Forest was very still and quiet.  Little breeze to stir the treetops.  Most of the sound was my footsteps in the leaves of the forest floor along with the occasional passerine.  Beech trees were the stars of the show - some were still in their lime-green suits. Lots of pictures taken today.


No comments: