Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Swayback Bridge Trail - 12/28/2010

Hike: Swayback Bridge (Red Trail), Wetumpka, AL, Tue., 12/28/2010, 09:45-12:45
Distance: 7 miles  Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: Clear.  Perfect sunshine.  Mid 40s to low 50s.  Wind calm to light.  Trails a little wet but not muddy.  Ground "busted up" by ice in some portions but no problems with footing.  Swamp at trail head had a great deal of thin ice still on top.
Thoughts/Observations:

 Last opportunity to hike over the Christmas holidays.  The trails were peaceful, though I had more company today.  First time in my experience that hikers out-numbered mountain bikers on this trail.  Only saw 2 bikers but there were about 7 other hikers. 

Quite a few passarines flitting about today.  They were probably looking for food.  All of them seemed plump and well-fed - a necessity for survival in cold weather.  It is amazing to think how all of the wild animals endure such frigid temperatures as we experienced last night.  GOD provides for them.  They depend on HIM

My mind was working overtime today.  Lots to consider and "mull over".  I also spent most of the time in prayer & praise - so much so that one of the mountain bikers was on me before I knew he was behind me.  Good thing he called out or I might have been "run over".  Thought a lot about the Outdoor Ministry at Church.  My GOD, YOU know how hard this is.  It feels like my heart is being slowly torn out.  One verse (of several that went through my mind) really stuck with me this morning.  "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear." (1 John 4:18).  I am leaning on YOU, LORD.




No comments: