Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hiking Mountain Creek - 1/22/2011




Hike: Mountain Creek, Saturday, 1/22/2011 08:40-10:50
Distance: 4.0 miles  Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: Mostly sunny.  Cold - temps in low 30's with light to moderate wind.  Trails in good shape. (see more info below)
Thoughts/Observations:

Observed many passarines, small woodpeckers, and a few squirrels busy about the forest floor and canopy.  Smelled a skunk but thankfully did not see him.  Scared up a larger animal on the back side of the Nature Trail.  Did not see it, but from the sound I assume it was a deer.  No one else on trails today.  Glad I had my balaclava and gloves! 

Beautiful day for a hike.  Thought a lot about my friends at Crestview.  Wondering what they are doing and how they are doing.  Thinking and praying about their as well as my future.  I miss them greatly.

Found a new bridge over the creek on the NE side of park.  Perpaps they are planning on extendid trails across the creek on this side?!  Also found that the Pine Upland Trail has been marked with blue horseshoes -- an Equestrian Trail now!... I am glad to see this park get a little development (not too much mind you).  It is a great little place of GOD's Creation.

No comments: