Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Monday, January 17, 2011

Psalms 40 - Morning Devotional

 1 I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.2 He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.3 He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord.
8 I take joy in doing your will, my God, for your instructions are written on my heart.”
11 Lord, don’t hold back your tender mercies from me. Let your unfailing love and faithfulness always protect me.
16 But may all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness in you. May those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, “The Lord is great!”
-- Psalms 40 (NLT)

The LOVE of GOD.  We hear many things about it.  It is quite another thing to EXPERIENCE it!  GOD sent HIS SON to die for me BECAUSE HE loves me.  HE has invested HIMSELF in my life.  What an awesome and sobering thought that is.  What an encouraging thought it should be!  How much it should free me to love others with that same love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading the Psalm. You are getting great with you camera. Love you with all that I am, and all that God will make of me. Kathy