Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bond of Perfection

14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Col 3:14-17 (NKJV)

As I meditate on these verses this morning a there are some things I need to DO and some things I need to ALLOW...

I need to PUT ON love.  Love (agape) is an act of the will.  Love is something I do, bearing in mind that agape is possible only as GOD's SPIRIT works in and through me.  That brings me to some things I must ALLOW:  the peace of GOD to rule in my mind and the word of CHRIST to dwell in me richly. 

For these to occur, I must be feeding on HIS word in a regular (daily) manner and I must surrender my priorities to HIS.  There can be only ONE ruler in my life.  Will I allow GOD to rule or will I usurp the authority?  If HIS peace is to be manifested in my life, then HE must rule.  (My attempt at self-rule equates to a revolt.)  If I am to be HIS follower then I must know HIS voice (word, thought, will).  I come to know HIM better through HIS written word.

The last thing I need to DO is live daily (in everything) in fellowship with HIM... everything done or said should be in relation to HIM.

No comments: