Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Almost Fall Hike - Mountain Creek



Hike: Mountain Creek, AL, Sat., 09/10/2011, 08:05-10:02CDT
Distance: 4.0 miles  Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: Abundant sunshine, clear blue sky.  Low 70s to 77 degF.  Wind calm.  Trails dry. 
Thoughts/Observations:

Fantastically gorgeous day.  Forest had the look, feel, and smell of early Fall (even though the calendar says it is still summer).  Autumn touches me deeply.  Everything about the season appeals to me, the colors, smells, sounds -- the "feeling in the air" excites and deeply-calms me all at the same time.  (That sounds weird, I know.)  For some reason the worship and joy just pours out of me so freely during this season. 

Almost a month since my last hike -- it felt so wonderful to be hiking today.  I had plenty of company: gray squirrels were busy storing up food for winter; woodpeckers were fighting over the best spots; several blue jays were being their normal raucous selves.  Yellow Poplars and some other deciduous trees were beginning to show signs of autumnal color.  Already a few leaves dot the trails -- the promise of a carpet to follow.  Thank YOU, LORD, for YOUR love and presence.  YOU are indeed glorified in YOUR Creation.

No comments: