Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hiking Mtn Creek - Sat. 12/10/2011

Hike: Confederate Memorial Park, Mountain Creek, AL, Sat., 12/10/2011, 08:25-10:25
Distance: 4 miles  Rating: 4.5/5
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: Clear. Beautiful blue sky. Calm to light breeze.  Upper 30s warming to near 50. Trails damp.  No one else on the trails today.
Thoughts/Observations:
Many gray squirrels busy on ground and in trees.  Most leaves are on ground now.  Beech and a few other trees are still hanging on to their leaves, but most of the mostly brown leaves are now a soft carpet on the forest floor.  Cardinals and a few other passarines observed.  Did not see any whitetail deer, coyotes, or rabbits. 

The Sycamore at trail's end stands tall and bright in the early morning sun.  It reminds me of a monument, a monument to the majesty of GOD.  Sycamores have always been special to me.  Few trees (especially in our area) are as massive and beautiful as the Sycamore.  This time of year, the brilliant white bark shines in the winter sun.  I see this tree on each of my hikes here, but it really captured my attention in the morning sun light.

Received the sermon topic "Get in Shape" for New Year's Sunday. 

Trying out the Gerber Prodigy during my hikes.  Wears well at my right side.  Need to put in some camp-craft tasks soon.

Hiked lighter today - No camera/pics.

No comments: