Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Monday, October 08, 2012

Dream Walking - 10/8/2012

10 “Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.”
11 The Lord of Heaven’s Armies is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress.
        -- Psalms 46:10-11 (NLT)

The cool and crispness of an early Dixie Autumn evening beckoned me outside.  I should have gone hiking this afternoon, but I finished up a little yard work instead -- finding free time in the midst of a Total Mill Outage is a challenge!

Lately I have felt the "squeeze" of time-demands on my life.  I seriously need to get outside, to "get away" from the noise and 'busy-ness' of our culture, and to spend some quality time with GOD in the midst of HIS Creation.  An early evening "urban hike" (that is a walk through the neighborhood) was good to get me focused, but it really just whetted my appetite.

I had my eyes on the heavens hoping to see a few Draconids and my heart/mind on GOD seeking a deeper fellowship.  The evening traffic and street lights conspired to hinder any views of meteors as well as distracting my concentration.  The clarion call "Be still, and know that I am GOD!" (Ps. 46:10) kept ringing through my mind.  How many of us are so "distracted" by the noise and speed of our daily lives that we are never still nor considering GOD?

Tonight would have been a perfect night to lie under the tall, Long-leaf Pines of the Conecuh National Forest and contemplate the CREATOR of the heavens.  The contrails of any flaming Draconids would have been jeweled streaks on a black velvet canvas -- declaring the glory of GOD.


No comments: