Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail (North) - Late Spring Hike - 05/25/2013



Hike: Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail North, Chimney Rock Trail, Kowliga Bay Loop Trail, Saturday, May 25, 2013, 10:10-12:45CDT
Distance: 5.0 miles  Rating: 5.0/5.0
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate  (Some uphills, heat building)
Conditions: Mostly clear, blue sky.  Temps going into the mid to upper 80s.  Light breeze was nice.  Humidity was not bad.  Trails were dry and in good shape - a couple of blow-downs.
Thoughts/Observations:
The large amount of boat traffic on Lake Martin was a tip-off that this is a holiday weekend.  Saw one small sailboat amongst the flotilla.  Something about sailboats resonates inside my spirit.  Perhaps I should have been born during the "age of sail".  I would love to be able to "sail-away"  to some hidden cove or mysterious island.

Only one other person on the trail.  Otherwise, I shared the trails with numerous lizards, passarines, dragonflies, damselflies, and frogs. 

Thoughts on Psalms 139. 
O Lord, You have searched me and known me. 2 You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. 3 You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. 4 For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. 5 You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it.
Psalms 139:1-6 (NKJV)

Gear List:
  • Emergency/Survival Kit Lite
  • 1 Canteen of water
  • New OKC SP8 Machete/Kit
  • dSLR
  • EsKaBar


No comments: