Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Saturday, June 08, 2013

Hiking Mountain Creek - Sat., 6/8/2013

 
Hike:  Mountain Creek, Saturday, 6/8/2013, 09:30-11:30CDT
Distance: 4 miles  Rating: 4/5  
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions:  Mostly cloudy. Light breeze.  Hot/humid.  Trails mostly dry.  Creek level low.  No other hikers on trail today.
Thoughts/Observations:
Gray squirrels, cardinals, thrashers, crows, and lizards kept me company today.  Oh... there were GNATS too!  Tons and tons of the little, bothersome creatures.  Guess I should have taken DEET or some other repellant....  It is amazing how much worry such a small creature can bring.

I did enjoy my hike -- in spite of the flying pests.  Even though summers in Alabama are hot and humid, I still enjoy getting out on the trails and drinking in the beauty of GOD's Creation.  I am blessed!

Tried out the Gerber Brush axe on the sticker-vines on the Hickory Hill Trail.  It worked quite well at clearing out even the tough "saw briars".  Altogether a useful tool to have around the homestead. 

No comments: