Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Monday, December 30, 2013

Hiking Swayback - 12/30/2013 - "And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands"




31 Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; And let them say among the nations, "The Lord reigns." 32 Let the sea roar, and all its fullness; Let the field rejoice, and all that is in it. 33 Then the trees of the woods shall rejoice before the Lord,
1 Chron 16:31-33 (NKJV)

12 "For you shall go out with joy, And be led out with peace; The mountains and the hills Shall break forth into singing before you, And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
Isaiah 55:12 (NKJV)

When thru the woods
And forest glades I wander
And hear the birds
Sing sweetly in the trees
When I look down
From lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook
And feel the gentle breeze

Then sings my soul
My Savior God to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art
Then sings my soul
My Savior God to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art

Hike:  Portions of Black & Red Trails, Swayback Bridge Trail of Legends, Monday, 12/30/2013, 10:00-12:00 CST
Distance: 5 miles  Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: Overcast (little to no sun showing through).  Mid to Upper 40s.  Calm.  Trails wet and muddy from recent rains.

Thoughts:
 
It has been a while, much too long, since I was out on the trail, hiking.  So much interference and conflict the last several months have taken their toll.  Except for a short hike in mid-November, this is the first time I have been on the trail since hiking with Diane and Robert in the Witchita National Wildlife Refuge back in September!  I knew I needed it -- I just did not realize how much.

13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the Lord... Jer 29:13-14 (NKJV)

A few things I learned today on the trail... I think I already knew this (at least in my head).  Heart knowledge though is a little better...

(1) GOD answers prayers.  HE shows up!  HE will be found when we earnestly seek HIM.
(2) I have got to guard my time with HIM better in 2014 than I did in 2013.
(3) I need these quiet hikes in the woods with HIM as much as I need air, water, or food.
(4) When we face difficulties, conflicts, and disappointments, HE is the answer!

Happy New Year!

No comments: