Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Hike and a Fire Challenge!


Hike: Swayback Bridge Trails, Saturday, 1/11/2014, 11:00-14:00CST
Distance: 7 miles  Rating: 4.5/5
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate (due to distance and trail conditions)
Conditions: Soggy!  Lots of standing and RUNNING water due to recent Thunderstorms.  Trails slick and underwater in spots.  Temps low to upper 60s!!! (Yay!)  Wind: light to moderate.  Cloudy to sunny.
Thoughts/Observations:

Hard to believe that just a couple  of days ago it was 13 degF!  Now it's closer to 70.  Hiking felt good today.  Had to come out of long sleeve Henley due to temps.  This is winter in Dixie -- I love it.

There were trillions (probably not quite that many) of frogs around the swampy areas and believe me they were singing.  The only time they stopped was to hop in the water if I approached.  Passerines were busy throughout the forest floor and canopy.  Did not see any squirrels or whitetail on this trip.

My brother challenged me to start a fire in the soaked conditions today... I couldn't let the challenge go unanswered... so here's the proof Bro:






Get out and enjoy GOD's Creation.  Spend some quality time communing with your CREATOR.


No comments: