Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Friday, June 13, 2014

Hike Down Memory Lane - Friday, 6/13/2014


Hike: Portions of Red and Black Trails, Swayback Bridge TOLA, Wetumpka, AL, Fri., 6/13/2014, 09:30-12:00CDT
Distance: 6 miles  Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: Cloudy.  Sporadic sprinkles.  Low 70s.  Light wind.  Trails wet but not too muddy.
Thoughts/Observations:
Today was a hike down "Memory Lane".  The Mimosa Trees were resplendent with their soft pink and white puffs and delicate fragrance.  Any time I am near one I think of my grandmother, Mama Teal.  The Mimosa in the corner of her yard was a welcome respite for a little boy from summer heat as well as a treat for the eyes and nose.  Hiking along the lake shore, drinking in the delicate fragrance and pouring over the countless silken blooms, I cannot help but smile.  Even though I am physically hiking here at Lake Jordan, I am also back at Mama Teal's house playing under her giant Mimosa.

Birds song was provided by an assortment of avian choirs during my 2 1/2 hours on the trail.  A large Blue Heron was fishing along the bank and did not appreciate my interruption.  The chance squirrel or chipmunk got my attention as they scampered across the forest floor.  There were no otters or white tail deer in attendance this day. 

I fashioned a hiking staff from a fallen limb.  The Gerber Big Rock Camp knife accomplished this task quite easily.  The most important task for the staff today was breaking spider webs.  I do not mind the webs until they sweep across my eyes -- that is a serious distraction!

GOD, YOU, are glorified in YOUR Creation.  It shows YOUR majesty, wisdom, creativity, knowledge, and skill.

1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship.2 Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known.
Psalms 19:1-2 (NLT)

No comments: