Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Mtn Creek Hike - Sat. 7/5/2014

Hike: Mountain Creek Park, AL, Saturday, 7/5/2014, 09:30-11:30CDT
Distance: 4 miles  Rating:  4.5/5  Difficulty:  Easy
Conditions:  Dry.  Light wind.  Hot & humid.  Met a young family leaving the trails as I was entering.  No other hikers.

Thoughts/Observations:  
Only one photo from the hike -- I was quite aggravated at myself when I realized I left the SD card in the reader rather than in my trail camera!  

Black-eyed Susans were in beautiful display (as evidenced in the cell phone picture) in the Pine Upland area.  The soothing sound of the wind rustling through the forest canopy accompanied the passerine choir throughout my hike.  This is perhaps the quietest, most peaceful, place that I routinely hike.  The trails are not long but it is a refreshing experience.

My companions today consisted of 1 cottontail rabbit, several squirrels, Eastern Tiger Swallowtail butterflies, a ground wasp (i.e. Cow-killer), and numerous other insects.  Birds are always in abundance at this park and their combined chorus was as beautiful as ever.

It is easy for me to "be still" in this place of peace and solitude.  I hope you have a place too.

10 Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! -- Psalms 46:10 (NKJV)

No comments: