Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Sunday, December 07, 2014

Yellow Trail Swayback TOLA -- Hiking in the Rain

 
Hike: Yellow Trail Swayback Trail of Legends, Saturday, December 6, 2014, 10:06-12:10CST
Distance: 4.7 miles  Rating: 4.5/5.0  Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: Cloudy with Sporadic rain showers.  Upper 60s to low 70s.  Calm.  Trails in good shape - some standing water after the rain.
Thoughts/Observations:  
I might be a little weird (okay maybe more than a little) but I enjoy hiking in the rain.  The sense of solitude is palatable during a forest downpour.  This time of year, the rain drops fall almost unimpeded to the leaf-covered floor raising a beautiful cadence.  Something about that sound is so soothing to my spirit.

A few birds were braving the rain to sing and at least one squirrel was scampering about after the rain slacked off.  Otherwise I had the trails to my self.

I couldn't help but appreciate the lyrics to Neil Sadaka's "Laughter in the Rain" playing on Sirus/XM as I left the trialhead.

Thank YOU, LORD, for the joy of YOUR creation; the new beginnings; and the refreshing of YOUR rain.

No comments: