Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Friday, March 13, 2015

Gold Trail at Swayback





Hike: Gold Trail at Swayback, Friday, 3/13/2015, 09:45-12:00CDT
Distance: 4 miles  Rating: 4/5
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: Cloudy.  Temps in upper 50s.  Wind blustery.  Trails very wet from continuing rains.
Thoughts/Observations:
Quick late morning hike ahead of the rain.  Enjoyed my trail time immensely.  Seeing the woodland violets in bloom brought a smile to my face -- this is one of my favorite flowers.  I was greeted to a fantastic display of the delicate purple flowers along the trail side at about the 3/4 point of the hike.  It was also a special treat to see a bluebird among the passerines busy about their bird-business.  Red Maples, Redbuds, and pears have started to bloom.  Spring is indeed on its way!  

Thoughts and Prayers for several of my fellow faith-family members who are sick or recovering from recent surgeries.  

Looking forward to services on Sunday.  We will be looking at "TBD"... from 1 John 3.

 

No comments: