Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Saturday, January 06, 2018

Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail Hike - 1/6/2018



Hike: Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail (North Loop, Kowliga Bay Loop, portion of South Loop), Saturday, 1/6/2018, 10:10-12:30CST
Distance: 4.1 miles  Difficulty: Easy to Moderate  Rating: 4.7/5.0
Conditions: Mostly sunny.  Cold.  Temps low 30s at start to low 40s at end.  Trails in good shape.  Calm.
Thoughts/Observations: 

Wonderful hike with Gracie.  The long icicles handing along the South Trail were a treat!  Did not observe any wildlife today.

Stopped to play frisbee along the shoreline at the Kowliga Bay Loop trailhead.  Gracie was upset when I accidentally tossed the frisbee into the lake.  I had to retrieve it with paracord and a stick.  The water was too cold for Gracie or me to go in!

I was pleased with Gracie's actions on the trail off-leash.  I did put her on leash a few times when we encountered other hikers (two groups).  She did bark at them.  

Message for tomorrow: "New Beginnings / Eternal Assurance".


No comments: