Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Monday, August 20, 2007

Grand Canyon



Hike: Grand Canyon: Bright Angel Trail and Rim Trail
Date: 8/12/2007
Conditions: Cool in morning. Sunny and warm until after lunch, then hot. T-storms in late afternoon on east end of canyon.
Distance: Bright Angel Trail - 4 miles // Rim Trail - 3 miles
Rating: 5/5 (What else could it be?)
Difficulty: Moderate to Strenuous (Bright Angel Trail) / Easy to Moderate (Rim Trail)
Thoughts: One of my Life To Do List items! This was an indescribable experience. It is very difficult to put in writing what one experiences when looking at the Grand Canyon. I am impressed with the beauty, power, and timelessness of the canyon. One is overpowered by the magnificence of it all. My thoughts go the the CREATOR of this masterpiece - to praise and glorify YOU, LORD GOD. And to thank YOU for making such as this for me! I am also thankful that YOU turned me around at the 2 mile point of Bright Angel Trail - it was difficult enough from that point! Even carrying lots of water, I think I was not drinking enough.
The views from all areas of the canyon are simply awe-inspiring. I was also impressed and pleased to see the variety and number of wildlife on the rim and inner canyon. Birds (some gorgeous song birds), squirrels, chipmunks, and small lizards wee in great abundance.
"O GOD, YOU are more awesome than YOUR holy places. The GOD of Israel is HE who gives strength and power to HIS people. Blessed be GOD!" (Psalm 68:35)

No comments: