Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Monday, August 20, 2007

Piestewa Peak Freedom Trail


Hike: Freedom Trail, Piestewa Peak, Phoenix Mountain Preserve
Date: 8/13/2007
Conditions: Blistering hot during the day. Highs up to 112F or more. Had to hike much later than I would normally due to heat.
Distance: 3.5 miles
Rating: 4
Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
Thoughts: Darkness caught me on the mountain side (which I expected). Flashlights worked well. Problem was the trails are not clearly marked (especially for night hiking) and many gravel washes look like the trail at night. Near the end of the trail, I took a wrong turn on an unsigned trail. Came out on 23rd Street in a residential area instead of the Preserve parking area. (Was not expecting that and had no neighborhood or roadmap with me.) I inquired at a home about directions back to park and the owner, Herbert Weisman, insisted on driving me back. Was about a mile away from park. LORD GOD, I love and worship YOU. This country is harsh and hot, but YOU provide in the midst of difficulty! YOU have always proven YOURSELF loving, protecting, and providing for me. I praise YOUR name.

No comments: