Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Red Trail, Swayback Bridge Trail of Legends


HIKE: Red Trail, Swayback Bridge Trail of Legends, Wetumpka, AL 12/17/2008 10:00-13:30
DISTANCE: 7.1 miles
RATING: 5/5
CONDITIONS: Cloudy, unseasonably warm (mid 70's), a few light sprinkles near end of trail. Encountered one mountain biker on the trail. Lots of standing water and a few muddy/mucky areas from the recent rains.
DIFFICULTY: Easy to Moderate
INTAKE: 27 oz water, 1 pack Nekot peanut-butter cookies
OBSERVATIONS/THOUGHTS:
Walked to within 30' of 4 whitetailed deer does around mile marker 3 of the Red Trail. The wind was against them and the rain drenched leaves deadened my approach. Also observed great blue heron, numerous turtles, gray squirrel, and chipmunk. Several assorted pasarines observed and heard throughout the hike.
This was a peaceful and enjoyable hike. The deeper I hike into the woods, the more "baggage" of troubles and concerns I seem to be able to drop off! Thank YOU, LORD, for this special time and place.
Was able to spend some quality time in meditation, prayer, and planning for ministry in 2009. Spending worshipful time in the outdoors has been such a special opportunity for me dating back to my adolescence. I know I can worship and commune with YOU anywhere, LORD, but it seems so much easier for me in the outdoors. Please guide me as I seek YOUR plan for outdoor based ministry into the future.

No comments: