Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail 4/25/2009



Hike: Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail (North & South Loops), Sat. 4/25/2009, 12:30-16:00CDT
Distance: 4.7 miles Rating: 5/5
Difficulty: Moderate
Conditions: Sunny, mid to upper 80's, light breeze, hot.
Thoughts/Observations:
Gorgeous day. Wild azaleas are in magnificent bloom. Many birds singing and busy with their daily activities. A good number of motor boats on the lake today. A few people at trail head with a grill but did not see anyone on the trail. Picked up several ticks - got three off of me; one attached on my upper right thigh. I used repellent, wore long pants, and tight fitting socks. Must be many ticks in this area. Guess it should be avoided until cooler weather returns (sigh).

Was great to get out after five straight 12+ hour days at work. Thank YOU, LORD. I thought a lot about (and prayed for) a person I love and who has been heavy on my heart lately.

No comments: