Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Sunday, June 28, 2009

GWE - Day 21

Sunday, June 28, 2009 (Day 21)

Today is a turning point in our Great Western Expedition. Today marks the last full day at camp and on expedition. After today everything will be done with an eye toward heading home. After we break camp tomorrow morning and pack up the camper we will point the Explorer south. We plan to stop and see a few sights along the way like Devil’s Tower, Mount Rushmore, and the Badlands of South Dakota but these will be stops along the route home.


My devotional reading this morning is from John 10. How appropriate that this chapter should be on this day and a Sunday as well. JESUS said to us in John 10:10-11, 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

This demonstrates to me the absolute love and care of GOD for me personally! GOD has given HIS life for me! It cannot get any better than that. The GOD of the Universe, the LORD of all Creation, loves me and sacrificed HIMSELF for me so that I might have eternal and abundant life. We have so much to be joyful about today. Start living, really living, today. Begin a relationship with JESUS CHRIST. Ask HIM to forgive your sins and be the LORD of your life. As a shepherd carefully tends his sheep, so GOD will tend your life.

No comments: