Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Friday, May 16, 2014

Swayback Bridge Trail of Legends - 2014-May-16

Hike: Swayback Bridge Trails, Sat. 5/16/2014, 09:00-11:50CDT
Distance: 6.5 miles  Rating: 4.5/5.0
Difficulty: Easy
Conditions: Sunny to Partly cloudy.  Temps: low 60s.  Wind: Calm to Light and variable.  Trails:  Wet and muddy in spots from recent rains.
Thoughts/Observations:

Wonderful day for a hike and so over-due!  Serenaded with bird-song accompanied by a chorus of the wind rustling through the hardwood/pine forest.  Many wildflowers are already passed their prime blooms -- Spring is well underway.  The wild azaleas by the lake shore were still an unexpected treat!  I felt as if I were hiking through a tunnel of flowers.  If some of my girls had been with me I would have picked a flower for your hair (or your collar Gracie!).

Except for a couple of mountain bikers and one hiker with his dog, I had complete solitude.  Such times of introspection and worship are a welcomed respite amidst the din and confusion of our days.

Today was good for my heart.  Thank YOU, LORD.





No comments: