Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Monday, November 01, 2004

"YOU're My All In All" ... ?

8Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. 9For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. (Col. 2:8-10)

"YOU're My All In All" is a great song and a wonderful truth, but I can't help but wonder sometimes if we're living this statement. Sometimes as I look out over the congregation and see a small number of people I wonder where the devotion and dedication has gone. How can we sing songs, read Scripture, and hear preaching/teaching like this and not respond to GOD's tugging? If Sunday after Sunday you see no increase in attendance or degree of service and yet there remains no response to the invitation, what does that say?

LORD, I know that I do not want to just "go through the motions" of being a Christian -- I want to live YOUR ministry!

Agape.

No comments: