Life Verse:

"...I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly." -- JESUS in John 10:10

Friday, June 17, 2011

Musings: 06/17/2011 - Seasons Trail & What Truly Matters

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.
 Phil 4:8 (NKJV)

The world is a "hustle-bustle" place.  The noise and din of confusion that seemingly surround us are capable of diverting our attention away from the simple truths of life.  If we focus on the wrong things, we will miss the vitality of life.  We will simply wake up one day and wonder "what happened".

I took off from work today.  It has been a long and grueling spring (with controls projects, outages, and issues) and I needed the break.  Since I got in bed later than normal it was almost 6am before I woke up.  That hour made a noticeable difference in the temperature and humidity of my morning (sub)urban hike.  Nevertheless, I was still blessed by the sights, sounds, and smells of GOD's Creation; especially by HIS presence in my life.  I hope that you are able to "be still" and know GOD today.  Take time to meditate on those things that truly matter, that have life-changing consequences.

---
Urban Hike: Season's Loop  06:17-07:20
Distance:  3 miles  Rating: 5/5 
Difficulty: Easy 
Conditions: Warm and Humid.  Mostly to partly cloudy.  
Thoughts/Observations: (See above)

No comments: